Learn How To Rice Cauliflower in Under a Minute using a food processor or a blender as the best tip one can give you. Making cauliflower rice that looks identical to regular rice will help you cook cauliflower recipes more often than you used to.
What is Riced Cauliflower?
Riced cauliflower is a popular alternative to rice. It is made from cauliflower that has been grated or processed into small grains- size pieces resembling white rice. It is great rice substitute with simple and easy way to reduce calories and add nutrients to your meals without sacrificing flavor.
Cauliflower Rice Nutrition
Cauliflower rice is low in calories and carbohydrates, high in fiber and vitamin K and rich in folate, Vitamin C and antioxidants.
How Cauliflower Rice Taste?
Cauliflower rice is crunchy with light, nutty flavor. It soaks up the other flavors from the dish easily and therefore is great to season it with fresh herbs and spices.
Ways to Make Cauliflower Rice
It is possible to make cauliflower rice using different ways. Here are a few methods:
- Grating – using cheese or box grater is the simplest option, but takes a while.
- Food processor method – cut the cauliflower into larger pieces. Add florets into a food processor with the grater. Switch food processor and pulse until you see rice like consistency.
- Mandoline – can be another option. Using your hands, cut cauliflower rice into large chunks and using julienne blade shred it into rice.
- Knife – is an option when not other gadgets are available. Chop the cauliflower into large chunks and then using knife into rice looking buds.
- Our method – learn how to make cauliflower with one minute trick that will make you forget about all five options above.
How Do You Rice Cauliflower?
Making homemade cauliflower rice using my trick is a super simple process that can be done in just a few easy steps. Once you make this recipe, there will be no turning back.
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
FULL INSTRUCTIONS WITH STEPS FOR THE CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPE
First Step: Ingredients Needed
All you need is a head of fresh cauliflower and water for our simple trick. That is it. Nothing less and nothing more.
Fully clean your cauliflower head and cut the cauliflower into smaller florets.
Second Step: Blender
Add the cauliflower florets into the blender and fill with water. Close the lid.
Third Step: Blending
Switch the blender on and blend for 10 to 20 seconds or until the cauliflower resembles the consistency like rice.
Fourth Step: Sieve
Pour the whole content through using a sieve and let the water run out. Using a spoon, mix the raw cauliflower rice so the extra water gets out of the sieve.
Use cauliflower rice immediately or place cauliflower rice to a resealable plastic zip-log bags for the future.
Tips to Turn Cauliflower Into Rice
- Florets – For best results, when making cauliflower rice, it is best to cut the florets into small pieces. This will let you fit more pieces into the blender and reduce the time to rice the cauliflower.
- Storage – When storing the cauliflower rice, it is good to use measuring cups and keep it in 2-cup portions per zip-log bag. This is suitable for smaller families. If more is needed, additional bags can be taken out as needed.
How do I Use Cauliflower Rice?
There are few ways you can use cauliflower rice in dishes.
- As a side dish cooked and seasoned same as traditional rice.
- Adding cauliflower rice into stews and soups such as this clear vegetable soup helps increase the volume and adds nutrition.
- Casseroles are great idea to ass this cauli rice instead of a regular rice to reduce carbs, but keeping the flavor.
- You can prepare a delicious sabana de res recipe using cauli instead of regular rice.
- Great idea is to add into stir-fries together with vegetables and some kind of meat for a delicious meal.
- This rice is great to use as a replacement in sushi rolls.
- To add a bit of crunchiness it is great to sprinkle cauli rice over the salad as a rice replacement.
- Adding more nutrition and thickness, a bit can be added into smoothies.
- Mixing cauliflower rice together with eggs and cheese makes it a great alternative as a pizza crust.
How Much Cauliflower Rice is in One Head Of Cauliflower?
The amount of cauliflower rice you can make from one head of cauliflower can vary depending on the size of the head and how it is processed. Usually one medium head of cauliflower gives you about 4 cups of riced cauliflower.
Can I Make Riced Cauliflower Without a Food Processor?
You can surely make cauliflower rice if you don’t have a food processor. Great idea is to use a cheese grater of knife.
It takes a bit longer than food processor, but if there are no other option, grated or a knife will give you the same results.
How do I Add Rice Flavor to Cauliflower Rice?
It is not exactly easy to make identical rice flavor tasing out of cauliflower rice, but adding various seasonings, broth, coconut milk, soya sauce or herbs helps greatly.
One great tip is to toast cauliflower rice in a pan together with oil and butter.
How Long Does Cauliflower Rice Last?
Generally, it can last up to one week in the fridge if kept in an airtight container or plastic bag. When cooked, cauliflower rice will only last two to three days in the refrigerator because of its natural moisture content.
How Do I Cook Cauliflower Rice?
The way you cook cauliflower rice is not difficult. Treat it as already cooked regular rice.
It only takes a few seconds or minutes to be able to soak up the flavor of your dish or get heat up ready to serve.
If you like fried rice, you can gently roast cauliflower and immediately add the rest of the ingredients.
How Do I Store Riced Cauliflower?
To extend the shelf life, store it in an airtight container or tightly sealed plastic bag in your fridge. Use within 2 to 3 days.
Yes, you can freeze the cauliflower rice. If you have time and space, it is good to spread the cauliflower rice out on a baking sheet and freeze it. Once you have frozen riced cauliflower, transfer the cauliflower in bags or an airtight container or freezer bag and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.When ready to use, thaw frozen cauliflower rice before cooking until the moisture from the cauliflower evaporates.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Cheese cauliflower rice
- Oven baked riced cauliflower
- Creamed mashed cauliflower
- Cauliflower coconut rice
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full easy recipe with a printable version
I would be grateful if you could give us a 5-star rating.
- 1 Cauliflower Head
- All you need is a head of fresh cauliflower and water for our simple trick. That is it. Fully clean your cauliflower head and cut the cauliflower into smaller florets.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the blender and fill with water. Close the lid.
- Switch the blender on and blend for 10 to 20 seconds or until the cauliflower resembles the consistency like rice.
- Pour the whole content through using a sieve and let the water run out. Using a spoon, mix the raw cauliflower rice so the extra water gets out of the sieve.
- Florets - For best results, when making cauliflower rice, it is best to cut the florets into small pieces. This will let you fit more pieces into the blender and reduce the time to rice the cauliflower.
- Storage - When storing the cauliflower rice, it is good to use measuring cups and keep it in 2-cup portions per zip-log bag. This is suitable for smaller families. If more is needed, additional bags can be taken out as needed.
Serving Size:1 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 20Total Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gProtein: 2g